Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Framing for Farmington Section of Layout

The framing for the extension to Farmington was made using open grid bench work with 1X3 boards I bought at Lowes.  I used 1/2 inch plywood as the base and will use cork roadbed strips on top of the plywood for the area where the track will go.  Since this section is really just a means to get to the SP Stockton Yard (Staging), I did not build it with an overhead lighting valance like the other parts of my layout.

Wood Framing for Farmington Section and Metal Shelving for Stereo System



I had a medium sized stereo system that I wanted to place in my garage.  The area above the Farmington section had plenty of wall space, so I wanted to utilize it.  I used a metal rail shelving system for this and the shelf I used to hold the stereo covered most of the Farmington section.  I therefore used two small fluorescent under cabinet lights (purchased at Walmart) to light the Farmington section.  However, this section will not have a "night lighting" option as with the other portions of the layout.

Stereo System on Shelf Above Farmington

View of White Metal Shelving System I Used

Fluorescent Light

No comments:

Post a Comment